Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Pictoral Entry

My trip home, by Fran Curry.


So I flew home. Southwest was a nightmare. Both of my flights were delayed and my luggage was briefly lost. After much fretting it arrived with the next flight and I went home

where I promtly went to


with


and had my favorite meal, Cheese Spaetzle with Watercress Salad.


The rest of the week I packed and then Jim and I drove the
upstate and loaded up my storage space. Once that was all done we could just relax and hang with my mom and my sister. We played A LOT of Pinocle, which is a dying game - no one knows how to play anymore. I am going to have to find some smart cards people and teach the game so it will live on.

On Saturday Jim and I went with my sister Mary to her barn where she keeps Shylock her Tennessee Walking Horse.



We hung out with her in the
for a spell and then went to her house to see Dante

Who is the most awesome German Shepherd ever and currently my favorite dog in all the land.



I took a train back to NYC. I have been on that train countless times and know it like the back of my hand. If you ever have to take a train to The City from upstate, make sure you are sitting on the River side. It is easily one of the most stunning views.


When I got back into town I immediately went show shopping to get some things we needed. I knew it was going to be awhile before I would be back, so I went to Mood and got some fabric.
The last time I was there, they had Project Runway posters all over the place and now they do not. I am thinking that they won't be buying fabric there during the next season.

That night on 46th Street between 7th and 9th there was all kinds of hubub going on with music

and booths of all the resaurants in the Times Square area. Kricka and I got some tickets and had samples of some of the best food in NYC. It was a good time, except I was still rolling my little suitcase around with me which people were not tolerating. Not that I blamed them. I would have hated me too.

Then we took the

home and called it a night.

Tuesday I got up and had breakfast with my good pal
at Katina's in the Slope. (I had to cheat a little. I forgot my camera so that picture of Rhonda is from a few months prior.)

Then it was back on the
to go into town. I spent time with my friends Eddie and Elizabeth and had such fun catching up with them that I flaked and forgot to take photos.

Kricka and I met up again and headed up to the Bronx to
to watch the Yankees play! We sat in our favorite section and watched Bobby Abreau (spelling kricka...) hit a 3 run homer. My baseball boyfriend Mike Mussina was not pitching that night. meh. They won! Fun was had by all.


The next morning I got up and went to have lunch with my friend
Larry is working at Legally Blonde currently. He was one of my very first NYC friends so it was not only good but fitting I should see him.

After breakfast with Larry I went to see
Which I really enjoyed. I thought it was a great show - new and interetsing, and captured teenage angst better than anything I have ever seen. You can imagine my surprise when I looked in the program and saw listed as a dresser on the show, the woman who I replaced on Spamalot. If you don't know who I am talking about, go back to the blog entry in January named "Thrown to the Wolves - Tampa FL". I imagined seeing her and punching her right in the schnahze. Luckily I never ran into her. She was probably too busy being crazy somewhere.
When the show was over I went backstage to see my kick ass friend
who I also forgot to take a picture of. We went out to dinner and then walked around the neighborhood. Heather and I met on Titanic and have been friends ever since. She completely rocks.
After Heather, Kricka and I met up and went to see
which was pretty much a piece of crap. They kinda ruined the story in my opinion. However, people were singing the songs as they walked out, and teenage girls were squealing, so on some level, it has it's audience.
When the show was over I said my goodbye to Times Square
and headed over to my friend Lisa's. I, yet again, forgot to snap a photo. You have to admit, I really packed in seeing as many of my people as I could. Every second of my life was spoken for during my last week, but it was all such fun. I had such a good time at Lisa's that it was far too late to take the subway home, so I hopped in a cab
and shelled out the 25 bucks to get to Park Slope from Midtown.

Thursday morning, my last day in Brooklyn. I got up did my laundry at the
down the street.
I was walking along and this skateboarder nearly collides with me. I am just sucking in air so I can shout obscenities at him when I realize it's my friend
who moved away 2 years ago! I was really really happy to see him and thought it was quite fortuitous that I should run into him on my last day. Kevin's good people.
Saying goodbye to Kevin, I made my way to the Tattoo parlor up the street.
I had envisioned my new tat while walking to the subway two days prior.
It is above the one I got 7 years ago. The star on the left is for Jim and the star on the right is for Kricka. (I am not someone who would ever get someone's actual name tattooed on me. Look what happened to Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie.) It is EXACTLY what I wanted. Perfect. I love it and am happy I am linked to Brooklyn forever, no matter where I wind up.

So I ended the evening and my vacation hanging out at my favorite bar, Steinhof, with almost all of my favorite people.
Kevin and Kricka at dinner

Jim and Kricka outside

Jim and Christine

Joe and Chris

Other people came but the photos didn't come out so hot - so here's a big thank you to Brett, Joanne, Julie, and Larry for helping me say goodbye to MY neighborhood in MY city.
I woke up on Friday looked out my window and said farewell to
Think she'll miss me???

Back to the road.
Love to you all.

5 comments:

erika said...

OMG, this totally made me weepy... we will miss our Franny in NYC.

GirlFran said...

love you kricka :)

Anonymous said...

uh....shoes

miss ya

Unknown said...

You were there how long?!?! That's more excitement than 2 years of living in Nashville! NYC here I come!!!
(but I'll miss YOU, Fran)
XXOO

TSpats said...

I got misty too. Down there (points to lap)

I'm in love with the style of this post and the sentiment too.

Frannie collects good times/people and displays them very well.

Yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy Girlfran!!