Monday, January 29, 2007

Tampa Florida- Week One


Well, ok
Here we go.
The first official Spamalot TravelBlog entry. That entry last week, was just me blowing off some steam. Good story though.
Sue never came back to work by the way. She never called anyone, never came to pick up her check. There was a rumor going around that she was told not to come back. Completely untrue. Mike called her and emailed her but she never got back to him. There has to be truly something wrong with her to just leave in that manner. Political Suicide. Bless her.
The week here in Tampa was pretty good. I am learning more all the time and so many of the actors have expressed their gratitude, which I find funny. I am just doing my job. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just my gig. I think they have kicked puppy syndrome. Sweet of them though. Everytime they get really vocal about it, I shush them. There are people on this tour who don't like me just because I replaced their friend. I'll win them over. If not with my work ethic, than with my sparkling personality.
LOL. I kill me.

The show is pretty good. I am not a big Monty Python fan, so some of it I just shrug at, but the audience just loves it. There are moments in it that I think are weak. Some transitions from scene to scene are kinda dead However, there are a few points that are flat out hilarious. Overall it is certainly a decent bit of entertainment, and is sold out constantly. A little job security never hurt anyone.

The crew here is pretty good, I hafta say. We did have one girl, who on the second night, disappeared for the last half hour of the show. Her name is Crystal and she is kinda dingy to begin with, but to space out half of Act II with the excuse of (and I quote) "I had an emergency on the phone."
Heh??
An emergency on the phone.
#1 -What the hell are you doing answering your cell on deck?
#2 -I am so sure you were on the phone that whole time. I am sure it wasn't the perscription drugs you were on when I came to town with the Producers 2 years ago. I remember you.....

Poor Crystal. Mike was willing to let it slide but the union head at the theater was not. She was fired and replced the next day - with a very capable and on it girl. So we traded up!

The week dragged along. I feel like I have been just dragged through the sludge this week. By Sunday night I was so exhausted I crashed with the TV and the lights on in my hotel room.

Today though, (Monday) was FANTASTIC! I was going to just stay in bed and try to recover from last week, but around noon I got up and decided to go horseback riding. I don't know what it is, but I completely relax when I am on a horse out in the woods. I really love it.
In The Breeze Ranch is over 300 wooded acres of forest, but not forest like I am used to. It is Florida forest, so the ground is all sandy with a mix of all kinds of trees. At times the trail got so narrow bushes and trees were scraping my legs, which was cool. We went through 3 creeks, splashing across and up some pretty steep banks. One of the best trails I have ever been on.
When I drove up and opened my car door I was greeted by this pack of Austrailian Shepards. They practically got in the front seat with me. I loved those dogs. They were hilarious. They corraled me up the walk and into the main building.
The trail took about an hour and a half, led by this guide named Don. When the counter lady told me I would be out with a cowboy named Don all by myself, my mind just ran with that.
Cowboy Don
Don the Cowboy
hmmmmm.....( cue dream sequence music and fuzzy camera lighting)
I pictured a 40 something Marlboro man with a sexy black hat and tight jeans, all sullen and hot.
"Howdy Ma'am"
"Cowboy Don, my stirrups are too short, would you lengthen them for me?" Bats eyelashes

LOL. Why do things never happen the way you want?
Don was about 60. Don chewed something that required constant spitting. Don was not sullen and hot. My hopes and dreams dashed in an instant. Don also would not shut up. I don't need a lot of chit chat on a ride. In fact I prefer it silent so I can just listen to my horse and the sounds of wherever I am. So he was jabbering small talk the whole time. I lost count of how many times I had to politely laugh.
Sometimes though, he came out with some decent stories about people who came out on the trail who were afraid of horses and nature. Why would you go to a ranch if you were scared of horses and nature?? I guess one lady thought there were men in the trees watching her. I said I thought she might have had other problems. That went right over ol' Don's head.

The ride was just beautiful and despite the never ending flapping of Don's gums, was exactly what I needed to feel relaxed. It really was great. I think this might become the Horseback Riding Tour.
We got back to the barn and the lady who ran the place came out. Because I was the only one who had come all day, she showed me around the ranch and then introduced me to all the horses. I even got to play with the babies. The one in the picture is only 2 weeks old. That was so much fun!!! They have balls they kick around and they just love to play. I had a blast. I was at that ranch for over 3 hours.

So now I am back in my hotel room and getting ready to watch 24. All in all, a damn good day off.
I feel ready to embark on week 2.
Hope everyone is well and happy!

My horse Velvet.




The Welcoming Committee




Don and his horse's ass.




Just a wee one.

No comments: